- The first American space shuttle was launched in April 1981.
- This partly reusable craft has taught astronauts an immense amount about working in space.
- The shuttle has three main components
- The orbiter
- A huge fuel tank
- Two rocket boosters
- Nearly 25,000 heat-resistant tiles cover the orbiter to protect it from high temperatures on re-entry.
- The orbiter’s engines are used once the orbiter reaches space.
- Woodpeckers delayed a space shuttle launched in 1995 by pecking holes in the fuel tank’s insulating foam.
- Plastic owls are now used to frighten other birds away
- There are two rocket boosters.
To know more such facts on various topics just like my blog and follow me.
Stay with me guys 👋.